Wednesday, September 6, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Shelia Bell

This week's #WriterWednesday interview is with Author Shelia Bell. 
Check it out!!




AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
SB: I presently reside in Nashville, home of country music!

AT: What genre do you write?
SB: I write Christian fiction, women’s fiction, and Young adult fiction

AT: Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
SB: I am a published author with twenty titles to my name, and I am extremely grateful that God blessed me with the talent and gift to write and tell stories!

AT: Amen! What inspires you to write?
SB: I love it. It’s a passion for me. I truly believe that it is a form of ministry. I love to see the characters develop into real life people. I enjoy going back and reading the work that God blessed me to create. It’s an awesome feeling.

AT: I can definitely identify with that feeling. Name one book you wish you’d written.
SB: Ummm, one book I wish I’d written. That’s a tough one, Adrienne. So tough that I can’t name one. I don’t look at other work and say that I wish I had written that particular book. I write what I write and how I write. My writing is unique to me and another author’s work is unique to them. 

AT: So very true. What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
SB: I am a full time editor, so I read constantly, but it’s primarily for editorial purposes. So, I would say the last book that I read and truly enjoyed was Jezebel’s Daughter by Jacquelin Thomas. I also enjoyed reading Every Little Step by Bobby Brown and Journey to Love by Lacricia Angelle. I have read so many others, especially new and upcoming authors, but to be honest, because of poor editing, I wish not to name them.

AT: Oh, my! Well, who is your favorite author? Why?
SB: My favorite author of all time was J. California Cooper. I simply loved her unique, flavorful style of writing. I have not read anyone who can top her even though I have read and enjoyed numerous books by a bevy of authors.

AT: Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
SB: Adrienne, where do you get these questions? LOL. I would be the color purple.  Purple represents royalty and since I am “God’s Amazing Girl” I can see no other color befitting me more than purple!

AT: Love it! What would your autobiography be called?
SB: That’s easy: The Story of My Life.

AT: Do you believe in love at first sight?
SB: Yes, definitely.  Been there done that.

AT: Hmm, I bet there's a story there! If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
SB: Without thinking about it I would say Total Health for me and my family, longevity of life for me and my family, peace for me and my family

AT: Beautiful! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
SB: I actually love Winter. I love the cold because I can cozy up inside a blanket and get warm. I love seeing the snow on the ground and in the trees. 

AT: Tea or coffee?
SB: Definitely a tall glass of iced tea with a splash of lemon!

AT: Yummy! Tell us about your most recent/current project.
SB: The McCoys of Holy Rock” was released June 30 of this year. In this sixth installment, readers will learn more about Hezekiah and Fancy McCoy who came on the scene in book V (My Wife My Baby…And Him). This couple has a lot they’re not telling, and when Hezekiah McCoy is voted in as the new Senior Pastor of Holy Rock things began to hit the fan! 




The Real Housewives of Adverse City 2 released on July 31, 2017. It is appropriately named  because it is book II of a new series I started: The Real Housewives of Adverse City. The Real Housewives of Adverse City 2 continues with the tales of the fabulously rich housewives, Eva, Peyton, Meesha  and Avery.  Their stories prove that there are definitely some things that money can’t buy!



AT: Both sound so good! How can readers connect with you (share website and any social media links)
SB: Readers can connect with me on Facebook
Instagram: @sheliaebell 
Twitter: @sheliaebell
Email at sheliawritesbooks@yahoo.com.

For editorial services vist me on Facebook at WrittenWord Editorial.
My website is sheliaebell.net

AT: Any final words?
SB: Yes, just a few. I want to thank you for this opportunity, Adrienne to share with others information about my work, my passion, and my dream.  I also want to take this time to tell you that I have enjoyed reading several of your books. You are a gifted writer and I encourage you to keep living your dreams now! Thanks again.

AT: You're most welcome and thank YOU!!

1 comment: