Wednesday, October 18, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author YM Sheree

Today's #WriterWednesday interview is with Author YM Sheree. Let's get to know her!




AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
YMS: I currently reside in Portsmouth, Virginia. The city is part of seven cities in the Hampton Roads area known for their shipyards that work on Naval vessels. 

AT: Interesting! What genre do you write?
YMS: I currently write Interracial, Romance, African American, and Erotica but plan on writing in a few others.

AT: Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
YMS: I am a self-published author with four books out currently.


Click image to purchase book


AT: Since I love romance, I'm definitely going to grab one of your books! What inspires you to write?
YMS: Sometimes movies or television shows inspire ideas that I compose my stories from. Also my supporters and readers inspire me to continue to write.

AT: Name one book you wish you’d written.
YMS: Any book written by Brenda Jackson, I wish I had written because I feel she is an amazing author. I love reading her stories.

AT: I agree! What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
YMS: Xyla Turner wrote the last book I read and it is called Undertones. I enjoyed reading the book because she is an amazing author. I also had a little insight on her book while she was writing it because I was writing a my book at the time about an island as well.

AT: Adding it to my list! Who is your favorite author? Why?
YMS: One of my all time favorites is Brenda Jackson because I love the way she writes and her family series.

AT: Good choice! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
YMS: If I was a new addition to a crayon box the color I would be is a mixture of purple and royal blue because they are my favorite colors. I guess I would call it royalty.

AT: Love it! What would your autobiography be called?
YMS: Now this is a hard question because I have never thought about it. Off the top of my head, I would say the tears of my soul.

AT: Beautiful. Do you believe in love at first sight?
YMS: When I was younger I believed in love at first sight but as I grew older I changed my mind. I would call it more of infatuation more than anything. I need to earn a person before I fall in love with them. It may work for others.

AT: I can understand that. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
YMS: If I was granted three wishes from a genie I would choose success for my books, a better world that we live in, and great health.

AT: Great wishes. Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
YMS: I will say winter because I am born in December and I have always loved the cold months. Also I love football and wearing high heeled boots.

AT: Love me some local football! Tea or coffee?
YMS: I can't choose between the both because I like them both.  I drink the cold coffee and hot and cold tea.

AT: Nothing wrong with that! Tell us about your most recent/current project.
YMS: The book I am working on now is called One Night to Forever. 
Here is the blurb:

You can’t change everything in one night, but one night can change everything. – Unknown 

In the blink of an eye or one night your whole life could change. Two individuals on two separate paths in life all leading to the same goal of forever, or does it? Blake Reynolds has dedicated her career to being an OB/GYN with little focus on becoming a parent in the traditional way. With pressure to have a family, Blake considers alternative methods to not disrupt her goals. Could all of this change after a tipsy encounter a charity event? Trust issues have plagued Xavier Alexander's life. Love is not on the table nor up for negotiations with his heart. One night with no names exchanged is all he could handle, or is it? Could this one night prove to be the biggest case and fight of his life? One night leads to discovering if there really is One Night to Forever!

AT: Sounds good! How can readers connect with you?
YMS: Visit my website at https://authorymsheree.wordpress.com/
Email: ymsheree@gmail.com
Facebook  Pages:


AT: Any final words?
YMS: I want to thank you for featuring me on your blog. I also want to thank all of my readers and supporters for rocking with me. To any inspiring authors do your research before you decide to sign to a publisher. Also don't  become discouraged when you receive your first bad review because not everyone is going to like your stories. 

AT: Great advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment