Wednesday, December 27, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Poet Shaumese Massey

Today's author interview is with Poet Shaumese Massey!!
Check her out!!




AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
SM: I currently live in Tallahassee but I'm from Monticello, FL. Monticello is a small town and people often joke that Monticello is right around the corner from Tallahassee. I sometimes say I'm from Tallahassee because of this and because I've lived in Tallahassee for a few years.

Claim to fame? Tallahassee is known as a college town and also because it's the capitol. I'm not sure about Monticello but I do know it's a very small town, it's known for the Watermelon Festival, the Opera House, haunted houses, and it was named after Thomas Jefferson's Virginia home.

AT: Nice! What genre do you write?
SM: I write poetry but I do plan on writing drama, thriller, and inspirational fiction in the near future.

AT: I love poetry, dabble a little myself. Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
SM: I am a published author!! I recently published my first poetry book, Unapologetically Me, on March 31st. My plan is to publish two or more poetry books which will be sequels to my first one. 

AT: Putting it on my list! What inspires you to write?
SM: Life inspires me to write. I tend to write about life experiences. Things that people can relate to. Things that will give hope, encouragement, and inspiration. I'm also inspired to write because for me writing is simply a way for me to communicate and express myself.

AT: I can definitely relate. Name one book you wish you’d written.
SM: I don't have a book I wish I'd written. All the books that I want to write, I will write. 

AT: I like the sound of that! What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
SM: I read "You Mean the World to Me" by Author Alicia Hall. I really loved this book! It's one of those books you can't put down. 

AT: Oh, I'm adding that one to my list, too! Who is your favorite author? Why?
SM: I don't really have a favorite author but I love Brandon Massey, R.L Stine, Lemony Snicket, Tiffany L. Warren, and Jacquelin Thomas to name a few.

AT: Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
SM: I would be "Girly Pink" because I love pink! It's my favorite color and it goes well with my skin color.

AT: Cute name! What would your autobiography be called?
SM: I'm not sure what my autobiography would be called but it would say something about overcoming. 

AT: Love it! Do you believe in love at first sight?
SM: I do believe in love at first. Dating is different today than how it was years ago. I wish that dating would be more traditional because it has changed but I definitely believe love at first sight is possible.

AT: If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
SM: If a genie granted me three wishes, I would wish for time with my paternal grandmother, more money, and money for my parents so they can pay off all their bills and be taken care of.

AT: Great wishes! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
SM: I am spring simply because it's warm around this time, it's beginning of the year, and the picture I get in my mind of spring is colors. 

AT: I'm a fan of spring, too. Tea or coffee?
SM: Coffee. I'm actually not sure if coffee wakes me up but it makes me feel like an adult and that I'm being productive. I also like the fact that it's hot and there are different flavors.

AT: Good points. Tell us about your most recent/current project.
SM: I recently published my first poetry book on March 31st. I've always wanted to be a writer so I'm very proud of this accomplishment. 

I started writing the poems as a way to cope with hurt. I had recently experienced what some call church hurt and my friend encouraged me to get alone and write unapologetically. This is where the title, Unapologetically Me, comes from, I wrote unapologetically so my poems are raw, honest, and real. I put it all out there and told the truth. I wrote about what I was experiencing, what I was thinking, and how I felt.  I plan to write more books as sequels to this book.




AT: How can readers connect with you?
SM: Readers can connect with me on Facebook under my name Shaumese Latiahra Massey. The address is www.facebook.com/masseyshaumese. Readers can reach me through email at massey.shaumese@gmail.com or through phone at 850-629-8577.

AT: Any final words?
SM: I'm very thankful for the opportunity to be accomplishing dreams and for all the support and encouragement I have received. 

2 comments: