Wednesday, January 24, 2018

#WriterWednesday with Author Selena Haskins

Today's interview is with my author friend, Selena Haskins. 
Scroll down to learn about her and her books!!!




AT: Where do you live?
SH: Washington, DC

AT: Cool! What genre do you write?
SH: Family Saga, Historical Fiction, Romance

AT: Those are among my favorite genres. Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
SH: Published author with four books. 

AT: What inspires you to write?
SH: Life, personal experiences, anything my five-senses responds to. 

AT: Same here! Name one book you wish you’d written.
SH: Waiting to Exhale 

AT: Girl, me too! What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
SH: A Night to Remember, and yes I enjoyed it!

AT: Oh, that's a good one! Who is your favorite author? Why?
SH: I have so many. I love Leonard Pitts Jr., Bernice McFadden, Margaret Johnson-Hodge, Connie Briscoe, Carl Weber, and J. California Cooper.

AT: Great choices! Love me some Bernice McFadden! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
SH: Coral Blue. I think it represents newness, clarity, focus, fun, and creativity. 

AT: Nice! What would your autobiography be called?
SH: A Walk in My Shoes

AT: Sounds like it would be a compelling read! Do you believe in love at first sight?
SH: I believe in lust at first. LOL. It can feel so strong, that you can confuse it with love. 

AT: I hear you. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
SH: Happiness, good health, and wealth. 

AT: Great wishes! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why. SH: Summer because I love the beach and being by the water. I also love winter because of the snow, and it slows things down.

AT: Tea or coffee?
SH: Coffee. Starbucks or Dunkin donuts preferably! 😊

AT: Yum! Tell us about your most recent/current project.
SH: My latest book is Yesterday Was a Long Time Ago.




BLURB:  Southern gal, Germaine Landry wants to become a writer in the big city of Washington, DC. She meets a privileged heartthrob and college football player, Angelo Pearson, who is used to having anything and every girl he wants. A loner by nature, Germaine is not easily impressed with Angelo's bravado, but he eventually charms his way into her heart. This pair of opposites attract develops a friendship that catches fire. Their love is seemingly shatterproof until a malicious scheme leads them down a dark path that could end tragically. Twenty years later, thoughts of yesterday still haunt Germaine, until an unexpected encounter leads her to the pearls of truth. Germaine just may have a second chance at love or finally free herself from the memories of a long time ago.

AT: Sounds so good I already 1-clicked! How can readers connect with you?
SH: You can connect with all social media from my website: www.booksbyselena.com 

AT: Any final words?
SH: Give my books a taste and you just may come back for more. 

1 comment: